google search

Google

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Opening Day is upon us

On Thursday, the NFL season finally kicks off with a monster matchup between Indy and New Orleans. On Sunday the real action starts up and the Week 1 festivities will end Monday with a MNF double header showdown featuring a bigass AFC North death match between Baltimore and Cincinnati and a fight for the bottom of the NFC West between Arizona and San Francisco.

Unfortunately, the Capgun Bandit will miss most of Sunday's games. I've been waiting for the first Sunday of real football for months, and I can't think of many things I'd rather do than sit on my ass, eating junk food and drinking bloody marys and cheap beer. But there are more important things to do, like the annual Clackamas River Cleanup. I wouldn't feel right being inside living a life of sloth and gluttony when the sun is shining on nearly 8,000 lbs of trash on one of Portland's own steelhead and salmon rivers. This week I will limit myself to Thursday, Sunday night, and Monday to get my football fix, and spend Sunday morning and afternoon.

No comments: