google search

Google

Monday, April 23, 2007

I Now Hate the Red Sox More Than the Yankees

It's official. Boston Red Sox fans are worse than Yankees fans. At least in the good ole days all you had to do was mention the the '86 series and that's all it took to shut them up(and if you were really lucky, they'd break down and cry). Now it seems you meet an asshole and they invariably turn out to be a Red Sox fan. Everyone without a decent team jumped on the Bosox bandwagon without a single regret. I'll admit, I rooted for the Red Sox in the 2004 Series, but now this shit is just getting out of hand. Don't try to tell me you're a lifelong Red Sox fan just because you're wearing a spotless Boston cap and an Ortiz jersey, especially when you've never been out of the Pacific timezone. That's all I heard this weekend whenever the game was on or ESPN was showing highlights. It was enough to make me do the unthinkable. That's right, I rooted for the Yankees this weekend. I even rooted for A-rod to hit more 9th inning homers. But alas, it did no good. If Boston sweeps the second series in NY next weekend, I might have to kill myself, or at least the next 15 Boston fans I see.

No comments: