google search

Google

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I'm taking a break

So it wasn't dream. It actually happened. We saw Eli fricking Manning outplay Tom Brady and Tom freaking Coughlin outcoach Bill Belichick IN THE SAME FRICKIN GAME!! And it was in the Super Bowl against the un-freakin-beatable New England Patriots!! If I was the 1972 Dolphins, I would send invites to your annual "still undefeated" party to Manning, Tyree, Burress, Umenyiora, Strahan, and Tuck. Oh yeah, don't forget Brady, Belichick, and Rodney Harrison. Check out the Reebok perfectville commercial for another take.

One other thing I forgot to mention yesterday. What the hell was Jeremy Shockey doing up in a luxury box during the game? I understand you're hurt and can't play, but shouldn't you at least be down on the sidelines cheering? I guess if my coach gave me an option I'd be up in the box with the chicks and booze too, but I don't think this helps Shockey's image as a bad teammate.

Even with everything that happened in that game, there is one play that still has me shaking my head in disbelief:



Wow. Not bad for a guy that only caught 4 passes all year. This will go down as the greatest catch in Super Bowl history. You have no idea how painful that is for me to say either, since it takes that distinction away from Steeler great Lynn Swann and his catch(es) in Super Bowl X against the Cowboys. I couldn't find video of just the catch, but it's at about the 6'40" mark in this one:



Wow. If that doesn't tell you why Swann got the MVP that game, check out his sideline catch at the 4 minute mark in this one. Or the game-winning catch(4'10")

Anyway, now that football is over, I'm taking a little break from regular posts. I'll still throw up the occasional updates on the Blazers/NBA and the Penguins, and I'll start getting some NCAA action in there too, but for your daily dose of ridiculous shit, you're gonna have to go elsewhere. I'd recommend Kissing Suzy Kolber, Deadspin, and With Leather. Also don't forget about the boys over at Buster Wants to Fish for a little change of pace.

No comments: