google search

Google

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Clemens Testifies

Roger Clemens and Brian McNamee testified in front of congress this morning regarding Clemens alleged steroid use. I honestly don't give a shit about any of it, but it was on every got-dam channel this morning so I heard some of the testimony. This quote during Clemens opening statements struck me:
"If I'm guilty of anything, it's caring too much. It's being too nice

I don't know if Clemens used steroids or HGH, but at the very least they can get him for perjury now. Clemens has been accused of alot of things, but being too nice certainly isn't on that list. This is a man who said of Hank Aaron, "I wish he were still playing, I'd probably crack his head open to show him how valuable I was." Classy. picked up part of Mike Piazza's broken bat during the World Series and hurled it him as he was running to first base. Clemens claimed he had "mistaken" the bat for the ball and was just trying to throw Piazza out. Thats the best excuse you could come up with? That you thought a long cylindrical piece of wood was actually a small, leatherbound ball?

No comments: