google search

Google

Monday, October 29, 2007

Weekend Recap

B. Roethlisberger: 19/26 - 230 yds - 2 TDs, 1 Int
W. Parker: 126 yds on 22 rushes

I didn't see the Steelers game on Sunday since CBS and Fox felt that I'd be more interested in watching the Raiders/Titans and Giants/Dolphins matchup, but really all you gotta do is look at the those two lines in the box score anytime you want to see if the Steelers won or not. It's not very often that you'll get a loss when Big Ben complete 70+% of his passes for more TDs than picks and Parker pounds out over 100yds, and this week was no different. Can't say I'm excited by the fact that the defense didn't record a single sack, but they put up that W, so I won't complain too much. The win gave them a full game up on the Ravens and the Browns in the AFC North, which should increase over the next weeks when the Steelers host the Ravens next Monday night, followed by another home game against the Browns.

The Patriots continued their dominance, putting the beatdown on the Redskins to the tune of 52-7. To make matters even worse, they(the sports television people) didn't show a Sunday night game, so instead I had to watch the Boston Red Sox complete their sweep of the Rockies in the World Series. It took all of 30 seconds for me to start getting text messages from annoying Boston fans, and all of about 32.7 seconds for me to turn my phone off. If there is a God, A-Rod will not sign with the Red Sox and the Patriots will fall to the Colts next week in what is apparently the most important game in the history of the NFL. The Colts set up the battle of the unbeatens by overcoming their short week to best the Testaverde-led Panthers.

Overall, it was a mediocre-at-best Sunday of football, but I did good on the betting portion of the weekend, missing out on only the 3-team teaser thanks to the Giants being unable to score a single point in the second half. Seriously you pussies, you're playing the Dolphins. You take a 13-0 nothing lead into halftime and you can't beat a measly 4 point teaser spread against the Dolphins?

Tonight we get a prime time Favre showing, as the Packers head off to Mile High to take on the Broncos. I can't believe I picked the Broncos in my Friday picks. What the hell was I thinking? I'd say there is a 75% chance I end up looking like a dipshit by the time this game is over.

No comments: